Tuesday 18 February 2020

Thoughtful Blooms Box of Cards

Hi Everyone,



I'm back with another project using my favourite FREE stamp set, I just can't get enough of this lovely set.  This time its a box of 4 note cards, each one stamped in a different colour.  I hope that you like them, I'll show you how I made them. Click on the link below to watch the video on my YouTube channel:

https://youtu.be/0bmXEezo0yk

Materials

4 x 4" x 4" card bases and envelopes
1 piece thick white card 6 1/4" square
1 piece think white card 6 5/16" square
1 piece grapefruit grove card 3 3/4" square and 1 piece 4" square
1 piece of balmy blue, gorgeous grape and rococco rose 3 3/4" square
4 pieces of white card for stamping 3 1/2" square and 1 piece 3 3/4" square
grapefruit grove ink
balmy blue ink
gorgeous grape ink
rococco rose ink
Thoughtful Blooms stamp set
Good Morning Magnolia stamp set
Assorted clear blocks
Multipurpose adhesive
Paper snips
1" circle punch

Instructions

I've used pre scored bought card bases because I had some in my stash left over from my grandaughter making Christmas cards.  If you don't have any of those, just cut your own 4" x 8" and score in the middle at 4"

Stamp a design on the 4 pieces of white card that are 3 1/2" and on the 1 piece that is 3 3/34".  There is no right of wrong with this, I have used the same colour for the whole of each card, but you could use multiple colours, its entirely up to you.  This stamp set is so versatile, it looks lovely in all colours and most combinations of colour, you pick a colour and go for it! I chose Grapefruit Grove, Balmy Blue, Gorgeous Grape and Rococco Rose and cut the card mats to match.













When you are happy with the design, stamp the sentiment in the same colour at the top right hand side of the piece and then adhere the stamped layer to the coloured card stock layer and then to the card front. Repeat for all four cards.  Stamp the design on the larger piece and adhere to the larger mat.

To make the box, score each piece at 1" on all four sides.  The lid is the slightly larger piece (6 5/16" square).  Fold and burnish and then cut up to the score line at all four corners to make the tabs, notch each side of the tab.  Add adhesive to the tabs and bring the folded edge to the cut edge to make the corners, repeat all the way around on the lid and the base.  Adhere the decorative layer to the top of the lid and then punch a finger pull on either side with a 1" circle punch.

I hope you like it and will give it a try, I'd love to see what you make.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.















Happy crafting,

Karen XX

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment