Tuesday 4 February 2020

3 Colour Challenge Cards





Hi Everyone,



Today I have been taking part in a 3 colour challenge and decided to do it by doing background stamping on a piece of whisper white card.  I've only recently started to play like this and I am really enjoying it.  There is no right or wrong, just pick some colours and a stamp set and go for it.  This is what I have made.

The 3 colours were Highland Heather, Garden Green and Balmy Blue. Now I don't have Highland Heather ink so I have used card stock in that colour and used Gorgeous Grape instead.

Card 1 - Get Well Card 









I have used the FREE Thoughtful Blooms stamp set from the Sale-a-Bration brochure and just played about with the different stamps, sometimes using full strength ink and sometimes stamping off and using different strengths of ink for a more muted effect. This one is a more symmetrical pattern going round in a sort of wreath design.  I've mounted the whisper white on some silver foil and added some ribbon from my stash.  I've stamped the sentiment from Timeless Tulips and die cut the sentiment using the Stitched So Sweetly dies and then added some bling in the centre of the flowers and on the sentiment.


Card 2 - Happy Mothers Day Card
























For this one I have used the same stamp set and again started with a sort of wreath design but this time I have softened it and brought it out to the edges of the paper to give more of a swirled look. Again I have mounted the whisper white layer on to some silver foil and then a highland heather card base.  The ribbon is again from my stash and the sentiment is stamped in gorgeous grape and is from the Timeless Tulips stamp set and I have die cut it using one of the scalloped rectangles from the Stitched So Sweetly die set.




Card 3 - Happy Birthday Card






















This time I have gone for a balmy blue card base and again mounted the whisper white layer on silver foil.  This time I have used the balmy blue as the predominant ink colour with just highlights in the other two for a completely different look.  I've then stamped a sentiment straight on to the card in gorgeous grape using a stamp from the FREE Happy Birthday To You stamp set in the Sale-Bration brochure.

I hope that you like these cards, which one is your favourite, let me know.  I'd love to see what you make, give it a go, it's great fun.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.















Happy crafting,

Karen XX


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment