Thursday 20 February 2020

Pleased as Punch Slanted Tri-Fold Card

Hi Everyone,

Today I have been playing with a tri-fold card and thought I'd share the results with you, I hope you like it. I'll show you how to make it, its quite easy as long as you are careful when you make the cuts.  Have a go, I'd love to see pictures of the cards that you create.  Good luck xx

Materials

1 piece of coastal cabana cardstock 12" x 6" for the card base
1 sheet of 12" x 12" designer series paper (I've used Pleased as Punch)
1 piece whisper white card stock 3 7/8" x 5 7/8"
Scraps for the sentiment layers
Coastal cabana ink
Small Blooms punch
Thoughtful Blooms stamp set
Sending You Thoughts stamp set
Stitched So Sweetly dies
Rhinestones
Multipurpose glue
Dimensionals

Instructions

Score the 12" x 6" coastal cabana card at 4" and 8" on the long side.
On the short side, make a small mark on the short edge at 3".
On the trimmer, line up the 3" mark with the 2nd score line on the long side and cut off this triangular piece which goes across the first two panels (see picture)


Cut the designer series paper to fit the three sections making sure that any directional patterns falls in the right direction and making sure that the diagonal cuts are done in the same way as below. As you can see from the picture, the diagonals need to go in both directions depending on the piece. (see pictures). Not all card stock measures exactly 12" x 12" so I would advise that once you have cut the diagonals that you measure each section and then reduce by 1/8" on height and width so that your pieces fit correctly. I have written my measurements on the pieces in the picture but yours may be a little bit different so check before you cut.


Adhere the dsp layers to the card.

Stamp a sentiment on the inside layer and glue in place. Decorate with stamped flowers.

Stamp a sentiment on a scrap of whisper white and die cut, then die cut a mat for this in a scrap of coastal cabana and adhere the two together with dimensionals and add to the front of the card.

Punch out some small blooms from the left over piece of dsp and then arrange them on the front sections of the card, some with glue, some with dimensionals to give some added lift to the flowers.  Add rhinestones to the centres of the flowers.

I hope you like it and will give it a try.


If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.















Happy crafting,

Karen XX







Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment