Sunday 5 February 2023

Rainy Day Notes - Share it on a Sunday

 Hi Everyone,






With the start of a new catalogue, I always make myself a couple of little notepads for my desk or handbag. This time I've chosen the cute creatures from Rain or Shine to cheer me up on a rainy day (January is always such a grey month).

Materials

Post It Pad

1 piece of card stock 3 1/4" x 6 5/8"
1 piece of dsp 3" x 2 7/8", scrap to cut out the animal
Scrap of basic white for the sentiment

Notebook

1 piece of card stock 3 3/8" x 8 1/4"
1 piece of dsp 3 1/4" x 3 3/4", scrap to cut out the animal
Scrap of basic white for the sentiment

Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
Paper Snips
Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Stylish Shapes dies
Playing in the Rain dies
Playing in the Rain stamp set
Memento Black ink

Instructions

For the post it pad, score the card on the long side at 3 1/8" and 3 1/2" and fold and burnish.

Adhere the post it pad to the inside and the dsp to the front cover.

Die cut or fussy cut one of the images from the dsp.

Stamp a sentiment on the scrap of white and die cut with the Stylish Shapes dies. Adhere to the front of the card alongside the animal.

For the notebook, score the card on the long side at 4" and 4 1/4" and fold and burnish.

I cut off the front cover of the notebook and then adhered it in place on the inside of the folder. Add the dsp to the front cover.

Die cut or fussy cut one of the images from the dsp.

Stamp a sentiment on the scrap of white and die cut with the Stylish Shapes dies. Adhere to the front of the card alongside the animal.

I haven't added any embellishments or used any dimensionals because I want to be able to throw these into my handbag as well.  If I had made them just for my desk I would have added more dimension and definitely some bling or ribbon. I also wish I had cut out the turtle instead of the rabbit, he would have fitted much better but as it's only for me, it doesn't matter.

Please pop over and see what Donna and Victoria have made this week:


Donna Lester

Victoria Littlewood


If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to my Weekly Newsletter.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This group is a collaboration with Taffy Crafting (Donna Lester) and Vickieloudesigns (Victoria Littlewood) and we would love you to join us.

Happy Crafting,


Karen X


Product List

1 comment:

  1. Very nice 😊 I love making these.....mine are different....and your's is so cute. Easy instructions 😊 Hugs....Janie

    ReplyDelete