Saturday 18 February 2023

Pop Up Fun Fold Card

 Hi Everyone,



Today I have made a Pop Up Fun Fold using the Rain or Shine Suite of products, I love it, it's so bright and cheery and full of cute characters. It's definitely my favourite from the new Mini Catalogue. There is a video tutorial for this card over on my YouTube Channel, please click on the link below.

Video Tutorial

Materials

1 piece of old olive card stock 5 7/8" x 11 1/2", scraps for the sentiment
3 pieces of basic white card stock 5 5/8" square, 1 piece 4 1/2" x 5", 4 pieces 1 1/2" x 4", scraps for the sentiments
3 pieces of dsp 5 3/8" square (I cut them 5 1/2" for the video but I think they need to be a tiny bit smaller now as I added the white mats during the video, after I had cut everything out).
8 pieces of dsp 1 1/4" square
Scraps of dsp to fussy cut/die cut the characters
Old Olive ink
Playing in the Rain stamp set
Playing in the Rain dies
Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
Multipurpose Adhesive
Dimensionals
Paper Snips

Instructions

On the long side, score the old olive card at 5 3/4" and fold and burnish to make the card base. 

On the long side, score the largest piece of basic white at 1/2", 2 1/2" and 4 1/2" and fold and burnish, all mountain folds.

On the long side of the smaller pieces of basic white, score at 1/2" 2" and 3 1/2" and fold and burnish, all mountain folds.

Add the mats and dsp layers to the front and both sides of the inside, remember that the card will be displayed open and the pattern needs to be the right way (see finished card).



Now to add the pop up pieces, take the largest one and add glue to the tabs at either side, line up the score line in the centre of this piece with the score line in the centre of the card and glue in place so that it sits in the centre of the card. 



Then, in the same way, lining up the centre of the smaller pieces to the fold of the larger piece, glue all four in place, coming in a little from the edge and lining the top and bottom ones up (see the picture).

Add dsp to the smaller cube sections.

Now, either fussy cut or die cut your characters, I've fussy cut four of the smaller ones and die cut two rabbits for the front.



Add the smaller characters on dimensionals to the cube sections and then add the two larger ones to the card front.

I've stamped the two sentiments from the stamp set in Old Olive ink on scraps of basic white and just trimmed around them and then layered them up onto scraps of Old Olive. I added the inside one with glue and the card front one with dimensionals.

I do hope that you like my card, I had lots of fun making it. Please pop over and see what everyone else has chosen as their favourites:




If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This group is a collaboration with Taffy Crafting (Donna Lester) and Vickieloudesigns (Victoria Littlewood) and we would love you to join us.

Happy Crafting,


Karen X


Product List

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, love this great card Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! I love this fold as it's a new one to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card. I always wanted to make one of these but haven't found the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this is adorable and wonderful and wow, wow, wow. Fantastic project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card because it has so much going on! Wow! I do love this set too.

    ReplyDelete