Saturday 1 May 2021

Pierced Bloom Gift Boxes - Anything But a Card - Stamp Around the UK Video Hop

Hi Everyone,




I've made these boxes for the Stamp Around UK Video Hop where the theme was 'Anything But a Card'.  They are quick to make gift boxes (2" and 3" square and 1" deep) and great for items of small jewellery and treats.  There is a video tutorial over on my YouTube channel, click on the link below:

Materials

Small - 1 piece of card stock 4" square and 1 piece dsp 4 1/16" square

Large - 1 piece of card stock 5" square and 1 piece dsp 5 1/16" square

(I've used Old Olive and Beauty of the Earth)

Scraps of whisper white, pear pizzazz and so saffron card stock for the decoration
Old Olive ink
Forever Fern stamp set
Pierced Blooms dies
Stampin Cut and Emboss machine
Classic Label punch
Multipurpose adhesive
Trimmer
Simply scored
Bone Folder
Paper snips
Dimensionals


Instructions

Both boxes are made in the same way.

For both boxes, score at 1" on all four sides on both base and lid.

Fold and burnish all the score lines.

Cut up the vertical score lines to the horizontal line on all sides of the base and lid to make the tabs and then notch either edge of the tab.

Add glue to the outside of each tab and then bring the folded edge to the cut edge and secure in place all the way around the box and the lid. Make the lid in exactly the same way, if you build it around the base of the box, you will ensure a good fit.



For the decoration, I have used the Pierced Bloom dies. I have been playing with these dies quite a bit and have a box full of flowers and leaves so I found some in there to use. They are very easy to die cut though and look really pretty.  I played about with the arrangement until I was happy with it and them adhered them to the top of the boxes with multipurpose glue and dimensionals.

Stamp the sentiment in Old Olive ink and then punch out with the Classic Label punch, I've trimmed a bit off this so that they will tuck under the flowers.

I hope that you like them and will give them a try.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Crafty and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,


Karen X



Product List

2 comments: