Tuesday 10 March 2020

Birthday Bonanza Sampler - Cute Home Decor Project

Hi Everyone,

Today I have made a sampler using the Birthday Bonanza Suite of products.  I just love these little creatures, they are so bright and cheerful and I thought that they would make a lovely addition to a nursery or young child's bedroom.  This is also a great scrap busting project.

Materials

1 piece of terracotta tile card stock 9" square
1 piece of terracotta tile card stock 2 5/8" x 4 1/2", 1 3/4" square, 1 3/4" x 2 3/4", 3" square, 5" x 2 1/4", 1 3/4" x 3 1/2"
1 piece of background dsp 8 1/2" square
Assorted dsp pieces to fit the pieces of terracotta tile above with a small border (2 1/2" x 4 1/4", 1 1/2" square, 1 1/2" x 2 1/2", 2 7/8" square, 4 3/4" x 2", 1 1/2" x 3 1/8")
2 x koalas, 2 x lions, 2 x toucans, ( some I have stamped and die cut, some I have fussy cut)
3 sets of assorted bunting to cut up
Bonanza dies
Die cutting machine
Paper snips
Trimmer
Pompom embellishments
Black memento ink
Bonanza Buddies stamp set
1/2" circle punch
Scraps of coloured card stock
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
9" frame (this one is from IKEA)

Instructions


Adhere the large piece of dsp to the backing card stock to make the background for the picture.

The pieces have come about purely due to the sizes of scraps of dsp that I had, there is no prescription for this part of it, just use what you have.  Arrange in any way you like, adhere the dsp layers to the card stock layers and arrange on the backing.

I have cut out stacks of parcels for the animals to stand on and stamped the balloon strings on a couple of the plainer pieces of dsp then arranged an animal next to it.  For the balloons, I have punched out circles with the 1/2" circle punch.

I've arranged strings of bunting across some of the pieces and just dotted the animals about.  They all have a party hat (some of them made from the bunting) and I have added pompoms to the top.

I haven't added any sentiments because I haven't got anyone in mind for this yet so I thought I would leave it to add something later.  You could add birth details for a new baby or a name or just about anything that you want.  This tutorial is just about giving you an idea of what you can do with this set.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, sign up to the email alert over in the right hand side bar of the page.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.
















Happy Crafting

Karen XX

Product List

4 comments:

  1. You are so right, it would look fabulous in a nursery or bedroom and love the gorgeous colours too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable, yes...perfect for a nursery, beautiful project xx

    ReplyDelete