Thursday 3 October 2019

Wrapped in Plaid Hexagon Treat Box

Hi everyone,

Today I have made a cute little treat box using the Wrapped in Plaid designer series paper but it looks great in any colour and with any dsp.  I first saw this project made on a video by The PaperPixie, I have tweaked the design a little bit and added my own take on it. The picture shows two, the highland heather one I made for my Grandaughter Amy who is in hospital recovering from an operation, I wanted something to cheer her up.  The wrapped in plaid one is the version that I will show you how to make here and you can watch the video tutorial over on my YouTube channel, click on the link below:

https://youtu.be/8Kcywa00cuA

If you like the project, please subscribe to my YouTube channel and give me a thumbs up, I would really appreciate it.


Materials

1 piece of card stock  9 3/8" x 6 3/4" (I have used shaded spruce)
6 pieces of gold foil card stock 1 3/8" x 2 5/8"
6 pieces of dsp 1 1/4" x 2 1/2" (I have used wrapped in plaid)
Multipurpose adhesive
Dimensionals
Scrap of whisper white and gold foil for the sentiment
Stamp set of choice (I have used retired stamps) but any small sentiment will be ok
Matching ink ( I have used shaded spruce)
Punch to punch out the sentiment (I have used a retired one which matched the stamp set I have used)
Scoreboard
Ruler
Detailed trio punch

Instructions

On the long side, score the card stock at 1 1/2", 3", 4 1/2", 6", 7 1/2" and 9", then keeping the card stock on the scoreboard, make a mark at 3/4", 2 1/4", 3 3/4", 5 1/4", 6 3/4" and 8 1/4".
Rotate the card 90 degrees and score at 2 5/8" and 5 3/8"

Fold and burnish all the score lines, then cut up the 6 longer vertical score lines to the 1st scoreline to make the base tabs of the box. Then cut away the bottom skinny rectangle on the end.

With a scoring tool and a ruler, make a diagonal score from the corner of the top tabs to the tick mark in the centre of each column (see picture)

Now, using the detailed trio punch, fold along each vertical score line and round the corners, all the way along (see picture)

Now adhere the dsp layers to the foil layers and then lay them down in the centre panels of the box (see picture). Crease the diagonal scores on the top section, these will be the sections that fold in on themselves for the top of the box when its finished.

Add adhesive to the long skinny section on the end which will be the tab that joins the box together, fold the other side over the top of it to adhere the two sides together.

Turn the box upside down and stand it on the table and bend each of the long tabs back to open up the centre of the box. Find the back section, this one will be the last section to fold down and adhere. The tabs need to be adhered in sections, one from the front section and one from the back (see pictures, its hard to explain but easy to do) 



Turn the box the right way around and then add the treats inside and push the top sections towards each other, they should just fall into place (see picture) 

Add your chosen sentiment to the front, I have backed my sentiment with some gold foil to make a frame around it, its very simple, just cut the foil section in half and then adhere to the top and the bottom of the sentiment at the back (see picture)


There you are, a simple project that looks really complicated, it makes a special treat for someone. I hope that you like it and will give it a try.  

Happy crafting,


Karen XX



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment