Sunday 13 October 2019

Butterfly Wreath card


Hi everyone,


Today, I thought I would have a rest from making Christmas cards and go back to some old favourites in the Annual Catalogue. Those of you who follow me will know that I just LOVE butterflies and would put them on everything if I could. So, I thought I’d bring out the butterflies and the punch. Mr Brown has finally delivered by Purple Posy ink pad, so I thought I would try it out on this card and I have to say, it was worth the wait, it’s a very pretty, subtle colour.

There is also a video tutorial over on my YouTube channel.

Materials

1 piece of card stock 6 x 12 scored in the middle at 6” (I used a pre-scored bought one for this card).
1 A4 sheet of purple posy card stock
Butterfly gala stamp set
Beauty abounds stamp set
Purple posy ink
Gorgeous grape ink
Butterfly duet punch
2" circle punch
Washi  tape/low tack tape
2” circle of card to measure the placing of the butterflies
Multipurpose adhesive

Instructions

Find the centre if your card front and make a little pencil mark.
Find the centre of the punched circle and draw a line across the centre in both directions to give you four segments. Then draw diagonal lines across the circle in both directions to give you 8 segments. Add a piece of rolled up washi tape/low tack tape to the back of this circle and position in the centre of the card front.

Stamp and punch out 8 sets of butterflies and adhere the small ones to the top of the larger ones and bend the two sets of wings up a bit to give them some dimension.  Arrange the sets of butterflies around the centre circle, each set corresponding to a line on the circle. This should give you an even distribution of butterflies around the circle.  Glue them in position and then remove the centre circle carefully.

I originally stamped my image directly to the card in the centre of the circle but it wasn't quite straight.  So, I punched out a 2" circle and stamped the sentiment on that in gorgeous grape ink.

Stamp a sentiment on the inside, I also added a few butterflies from the Beauty Abounds stamp set too.

I hope you will give it a try, you could use the same technique with flowers or Christmas trees for a different effect.

Happy crafting,

Karen XX


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment