Monday 5 December 2022

Quick Gift Card Holders Made From Scraps

 Hi Everyone,


As usual I had lots of scraps of dsp and gold foil lying about on my desk so I have combined them to make some quick gift cards. I'm using the Notecards and Envelopes and you can see from the picture that the dsp mats are different sizes, that's because, that was what was in my scrap pile left over from another project. I've used sentiments from Charming Sentiments as well as Christmas to Remember and the Stylish Shapes and Spruced Up Outline Dies. I just love the way that you can mix and match things from lots of different sets in order to make your project.

Materials

1 notecard (5" x 3 1/2")
1 piece of dsp 3 1/4" x 4 3/4"
Scraps of dsp (to hold the gift card/money), gold foil and basic white
Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Stylish Dies
Spruced Up Outline dies
Charming Sentiment stamp set
Christmas to Remember stamp set
Cherry Cobbler ink
Trimmer
Multipurpose adhesive
Bone Folder

Instructions

Fold and burnish to notecard.

Stamp a sentiment on the inside. Cut a small piece of dsp that is almost as wide as the notecard (approx 3") and use any punch to take a little piece out of the top as shown.  Put a small bead of adhesive around the edge of the two sides and the bottom and adhere in place as shown.


Add the dsp mat to the card front.

Die cut a square and some parcels or a tree from the gold foil and a smaller square from the basic white.

Stamp a sentiment on the white square and add to the gold one and adhere to the card front.

Add the foil parcels or tree underneath. On some of the cards, I have used scraps of dsp to fill the trees instead of gold foil, you can use whatever you like.

You could batch make lots of these in all sorts of colours, it took me about half an hour to make the four of these.  I hope that you like them and will give them a try.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, follow me on Facebook or sign up for a copy of my Weekly Newsletter (emailed out every Monday morning and link copied to my Facebook Pages).

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

f you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,

Karen x


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment