Thursday 1 December 2022

Framed & Festive Christmas Card - Stamp Around UK Video Hop - Shimmer, Sparkle & Shine

 Hi Everyone,





Today's card is one that I made for the Stamp Around UK Video Hop and the theme was 'Shimmer, Sparkle & Shine'. I've used the Speciality Snowflake Vellum and the Framed & Festive stamp set for my card and I really like how the real red version turned out. I made a sample one in night of navy which I didn't like quite so much. I'll pop a picture in below and you can see them both in the video and make your own mind up about which one you like the best. Click on the link below to see the video and get access to lots of other videos from colleagues around the UK.

Video Link

Materials

1 piece of real red card stock 5 7/8" x 8 1/4", scrap for the sentiment
1 piece of silver foil 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
1 piece of basic white 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
1 piece of vellum 3 3/4" x 5 1/2", scraps to cut out some snowflakes
Real red ink
Versamark ink
Metallics Embossing Powders
Heat Tool
Framed & Festive stamp set
Decorative Circle Punch
Red rhinestones
Basic rhinestones
Mini dimensionals
Multipurpose adhesive
Trimmer
Paper snips

Instructions

On the long side score the red card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make a card base.

Adhere the silver foil to the card front and then add the vellum on top of that, add the glue on the back of bits of the pattern so that it won't show through.

Stamp a sentiment in real red on the basic white mat layer and then add to the inside of the card.


Stamp a sentiment on a scrap of red card and sprinkle with silver embossing powder and set with the heat tool. Punch this out with the Decorative Circle Punch and add to the card front using dimensionals.

Fussy cut two snowflakes from the vellum and add mini dimensionals to the back, hide them under the pattern as with the glue earlier. Add the snowflakes on either side of the sentiment as shown.

Sprinkle some rhinestones for added bling and the card i complete, I hope that you like it.  Don't forget to check out the video too and watch how I made it.



If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, follow me on Facebook or sign up for a copy of my Weekly Newsletter (emailed out every Monday morning and link copied to my Facebook Pages).

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

f you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,

Karen



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment