Saturday 3 December 2022

Gingham Cottage & Penguin Builder Christmas Cards - Stamping With Friends Blog Hop

 Hi Everyone,




Today's card for the Stamping With Friends Blog Hop is to say goodbye to some of the products from the retiring Jun-Dec Mini Catalogue. I've chosen to use the Gingham Cottage dsp which I love and the Penguin Builder Punch which is very cute, this time combined with a non-traditional Christmas colour for this Flip Front Fun Fold Card.  I've used both of these lots of times, they have both been really useful additions to  my craft stash.

Materials

1 piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock 5 7/8" x 4 1/8", 1 piece 8 1/4" x 2 3/4"
1 piece of dsp 3 7/8" x 5 5/8"
2 pieces of basic white card stock 2 1/2" x 3 7/8"
Scraps of basic black, basic white and pumpkin pie card for the penguin
Memento Black ink
Real Red ink
Daffodil Delight ink
Pumpkin Pie ink
Penguin Place stamp set
Framed and Festive stamp set
Penguin Builder Punch
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
Multipurpose adhesive

Instructions

On the long side score the long strip of pumpkin pie card at 4 1/8" and fold and burnish to make a small tent fold card.

Adhere the dsp to the larger piece of pumpkin pie card.

Stamp a sentiment in the centre of one piece of basic white and adhere to the inside of the tent fold card.

Stamp stars all over the remaining piece of white and add a sentiment and then adhere this to the front of the tent fold card and then adhere the whole thing to the larger piece. You can add it in the middle, to the left or the right, whichever you prefer.

Punch out the penguin shapes and I always stamp the face and the bow before I adhere it to the black piece (just in case I mess it up), then adhere the two together and add the feet.  Add the penguin to the front of the flip front card and the card is complete. How easy was that? I love the two that I've made and will be making more of them to give as my Christmas cards to friends and team mates.

Please pop over and see what everyone else has made too.

If you would like to see more of my Blog Posts, follow me on Facebook or sign up for a copy of my Weekly Newsletter (emailed out every Monday morning and link copied to my Facebook Pages).

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

f you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This is a new group that some crafty friends and I are trying to get up and running and we would love your company.

Happy Crafting,

Karen


Product List

9 comments:

  1. Love these penguins. Your pairing with the plaid paper is really fun. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really like your card too but I can't leave a comment x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card Karen. The penguin is really cute.
    Thank you for sharing and hopping with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Karen, love the non traditional colour palette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love those cute little penguins and the cute little noses you gave them. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete