Wednesday 4 December 2019

Large Woven Threads Birthday Card



Hi Everyone,

Today I have made a pretty birthday card for my Sister. I have used sentiments from my personal stash as I particularly like the fonts but you can use anything that you like.  Again, I've used the Woven Threads dsp,I just love it, but this time I have used a pre scored card base as I wanted a larger card, this one is 8" x 8".

Materials

1 x 8" x 8" pre scored card base (actually measured 7 7/8" square)
1 piece of silver foil  card 7 5/8" square
1 piece of dsp 7 1/4" square
Scraps of silver foil for the frame and the sprigs
Scraps of purple posy for the sentiments and the flowers
Scrap of coloured foil for the butterflies
Floral essence stamp set
Perennial flower punch
Sprig punch
Butterfly duet punch
Purple posy ink
Gorgeous grape ink
Silver embossing powder
Versamark ink
Heat tool
Heirloom dies and embossing folder
Stitched rectangle die
Die cutting machine
Dimensionals
Multipurpose glue

Instructions

This is a very simple card to make.

Stamp the sentiment on the inside of the card and then adhere the silver foil and dsp layers to the front.

Die cut the frame with the silver foil card and then emboss using the matching folder.

Stamp the sentiment using Versamark ink on the scrap of purple posy card stock and then sprinkle with the silver embossing powder and set with the heat tool. Leave to cool for a few minutes then adhere to the back of the silver foil frame and add that to the front of the card using dimensionals.

Stamp six sets of petals using purple posy card stock and then punch them out, lay one on top of another, offsetting the petals and using a dimensional in between the layers.  Punch out two sprigs in silver foil for each flower and arrange them behind the double layered flower. Then attach to the card (I've used wet glue but you could use more dimensionals).

Stamp sentiment in gorgeous grape (if required) and then cut out using a small stitched rectangle die and add to the front of the card with a dimensional.

There you are, one pretty card done fairly quickly, I hope you agree, it looks great, I hope my Sister will like it.

Happy crafting,

Karen XX



!-------- TAMS Start ----------> Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment