Monday 17 December 2018

Butterfly Sampler

Hi There,




I'm really pleased with the finished result of this project and I hope that you will give it a try.  The Gingham Gala designer series paper is lovely and the Butterfly Gala stamp set is beautiful.  Here's how I made it:

Materials

1 x Shadow Box Frame with internal measurements of 6" x 6" (This one is from Hobbycraft)
1 x piece of 6" x 6" whisper white card for the base
4 x pieces of 1 3/4" x 1 3/4" whisper white card
4 x pieces of 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" gingham gala dsp (I used daffodil delight, lemon lime twist, highland heather and grapefruit grove)
Ink pads in colours to match the gingham paper
Butterfly Gala stamp set
Butterfly Gala punch
Pretty Label punch
Scraps of whisper white card for the butterflies and the sentiment
Glue, glue dots
Dimensionals



Instructions

Cut out all the pieces of whisper white and the gingham gala dsp in your chosen colours.

Arrange the pieces of gingham gala paper on the 6 x 6 whisper white leaving a border around the edge and in between them.


Now arrange the smaller pieces of whisper white in the centre of each of the gingham squares.


Using scraps of whisper white, stamp out 4 sets of butterflies in the colours of your choice and the sentiment in a contrasting colour. Balmy Blue was the only colour gingham paper that I didn't use so I chose that for my sentiment, Hello Beautiful.

Stamp out the butterflies with the butterfly punch and for the sentiment, I used the pretty label punch but you can use whatever you like.


Then arrange your butterflies on the pieces of white card and stick them down with glue dots, dimensionals or glue and bend the wings upwards. Place your sentiment in the centre of the picture and adhere with dimensionals.

Place the finished sampler inside your frame and hang on the wall. Beautiful!!

This is a quick and easy project to make and I hope you agree, it looks lovely, I hope that you will give it a try.

If you would like to purchase any of the items shown please check out my online shop


Karen xx



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment