Wednesday 1 March 2023

Stamp Around UK Video Hop - Spring - Slide & Lock Fun Fold Card

 Hi Everyone,



The theme for this month is 'Spring', my favourite season of the year. I love Spring and all the promise of warmer weather and pretty flowers. Daffodils are my favourite as they remind me of my late Mum, they were here favourites too. I've used the Daffodil Delight stamp set and dies to make a Slide & Lock fun fold card for Mother's Day. I have adapted the measurements of one that I saw Wendy Cranford make, I've made it a bigger 5" x 7" card.  Click on the link below to see my YouTube tutorial:


Video Tutorial

Materials

1 piece of granny apple green card stock 10" x 7", 1 piece 3 1/2" square, 4 pieces 2" square
1 piece of daffodil delight card stock 4 3/4" x 6 3/4", 1 piece 1 3/4" x 6 3/4", 1 piece 2 3/4" x 6 3/4"
1 piece of basic white card stock 4 1/2" x 6 1/2", scraps for stamping
1 piece of dsp 1 1/2" x 6 1/2", 1 piece 2 1/2" x 6 1/2", 1 piece 3 1/4" square
Daffodil Daydream stamp set
Daffodil dies
Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
Flowering Tulips stamp set
Memento Black ink
Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blends
Granny Apple Green Stampin' Blends
Polished Pink Stampin' Blends
Fresh Freesia Stampin' Blends
Trimmer
Simply Scored
Bone Folder
Multipurpose Adhesive
Dimensionals

Instructions

On the long side score the granny apple green at 2" and 7" and fold and burnish to make the card base.  Score two of the 2" squares at 1" and fold and burnish those as well.

To make the mechanism, add glue to half of the folded 2" square pieces and line up so that the folds of each piece meet in the centre of one of the other 2" square pieces, then add the other 2" square on top of that to sandwich the two folded pieces in between. It's quite hard to show on a photo so I have stood the mechanism up in this photo below.


Adhere the daffodil delight mat layers and the dsp layers to the card base and the topper and then set to one side while you do the stamping.

Stamp a daffodil and a butterfly on a piece of scrap and die cut them out. I've done a couple of each so that I can stick them together for strength and so you can't see the colouring through it.

Colour in the daffodil and the butterfly with the Stampin' Blends and then glue another one to the back of it.

Stamp a sentiment on the bottom right of the topper and then add the flower and the butterfly with dimensionals.


Stamp another sentiment and some more butterflies on the remaining piece of white, colour in the butterflies and then adhere to the inside of the card.


I do hope that you like my card. Don't forget is you click on the video link above, you will be able to get the links for all the other projects too.

If you would like to join my Team or become one of my Discount Shoppers, you can message me on my Facebook Page at www.facebook.com/craftykarendesigns or via the Contact Me box below this Blog.

If you are interested in taking part in some challenges and having crafty chats with like minded people and a bit of a laugh, pop over to Craft and Banter on Facebook (link in the side bar). This group is a collaboration with Taffy Crafting (Donna Lester) and Vickieloudesigns (Victoria Littlewood) and we would love you to join us.

Happy Crafting,


Karen X


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment